About The Art
- Collection:Henry Craigie Brewster
- Date:about 1843
- Medium:"Salt, from a calotype negative"
- Artist:Alternative names Captain Henry Craigie Brewster; Captain Henry Craige Brewster; Capt. Henry Craigie Brewster;Description British soldier and photographerFourth and youngest son of . British Army Captain with 76th Regiment of Foot, Royal Scots (1840s). Later rose to rank of Lieutenant-colonel (1863). Retired with honorary rank of Major-general (1872). Made honorary member of St Andrews Literary and Philosophical Society (1840). Produced photographic works using the Calotype process which had been developed by his father's collaborator, . (1840s) May have received a camera via his father from Edinburgh optician Thomas Davidson - in order to photograph his regiment while assigned to Cork in Ireland. Largest surviving group of his Calotype works depict soldiers and barracks in Cork city and county. These are understood to have been taken before the regiment transferred out of Cork (by May 1843). Henry Craigie Brewster was later posted to Plymouth, and further to Corfu and Cephalonia (from where he sent home pen-and-ink sketches - rather than further photographic works).;Date of birth/death 18161905Location of birth;Work location County Cork (1843), (1840s), (1840s)
Capt. Henry Craigie Brewster (British - Cork Barracks. Shower Curtain
Stop neglecting bathroom decor - our Designer Shower Curtains bring a fresh new feel to an overlooked space. Hookless and extra long, these bathroom curtains feature crisp and colorful prints on the front, with a white reverse side.
- Made in China with 100% polyester
- 12 buttonhole-top for easy hanging
- Machine washable, tumble dry
- Rod, curtain liner and hooks not included
Each product is individually printed and assembled when you order it, so please allow 3-5 days manufacture time for your custom shower curtain.